Minutes of Meetings
BALALLAN SCHOOL, WEDNESDAY 2 SEPTEMBER 2015, 6.30PM
Present: Alasdair MacEachen (Chairman), John Randall, Martin Smith, John Groom, Alayne Barton, Angela Clare, Iain Mitchell, Kenny Macleod, Malcolm Burr, Ken Roddy Mackay, Calum John Mackay
- Welcome and Introduction
- Apologies: Bob Chambers, Donald Meek, Calum Macdonald, John Love, Jonathon Grant, Maureen Kerr, Iain Macdonald, Mike Townsend, Catriona Macleod, John Humphries, Chrisella Ross
- Minutes of last AGM (26 August 2014): Approved – proposed by John Randall; seconded by Martin Smith
- Matters arising:
- Chairman’s report: Alasdair MacEachen presented his report for the year ending March 2015 (attached). He said although the past year had been a time of change within the Trust nevertheless it had still been very successful in terms of delivering events and publications. However now that the Trust is distributing and marketing books in house, significant financial challenges remain. He thanked all those who contributed to the work of the Trust over the past year. The report was accepted as a fair summary of the year’s activities and a vote of thanks to the Chairman was recorded.
- Treasurer’s report: No Treasurer’s report was available but Alasdair MacEachen gave a summary of the abbreviated accounts supplied by the accountants. Improvements have been made in financial recording in the past year but there is still some work to do. The loss recorded during 2014-15 was partly due to the significant decrease in stock and a large grant being awarded in one financial year and paid out in the next. The Chairman stated that although the accounts seemed healthier there was still much work to be done to increase income. The draft accounts were approved – proposed by Malcolm Burr; seconded by Kenny Macleod.
- Proposed Change to Constitution: It was proposed that the following changes should be made to the constitution:
- Procedures for Staff and Trustees: A paper was submitted (attached) by John Randall setting out roles and responsibilities for both staff and Trustees. It was agreed to adopt these procedures.
- Appointment of Auditor: The current auditor (Calum Macdonald of CIB Services) was reappointed.
- Election of Trustees: The following Trustees stood down in line with the constitution and were re-elected: Calum John Mackay, John Love and Malcolm Burr. Two Trustees stood down and did not seek re-election: John Randall and Bob Chambers. Bob Chambers will become a co-opted member instead and there are two vacancies on the board. A new Secretary and Vice-Chair will be sought at the next Trustees’ meeting.
- Any Other Business: There was a vote of thanks for the Chair.
The AGM closed at 19.30.